Keloids represent a pathological form of cicatrization that goes beyond the limits of the original injury (wound or scratch).
Hypertrophic scars remain within the borders of the original trauma, they simply grow upwards, there is no lateral extension, their growth is limited.
Although they look different, aesthetically they are just as unpleasant for the patient.
Diverse medications applied and/or infiltrated or injected directly into the lesions will make you have notable progress and improve the secondary fibrosis symptom that these types of lesions generate.
• Intralesional corticosteroid therapy.
• Procaine 2%
• Hyaluronidase and Collagenase.
• The intralesional use of Verapamil, a calcium antagonist at a concentration of 2.5 mg/ml, is promising when associated with silicone dressings, still little evidence to support this therapeutic indication.
• Disciplined applications of different medications to improve scarring and fibrosis.
• It will always be a better option to prevent the formations of these injuries, and without a doubt, we can also support you in this.
© 2021 All rights reserved